Service of your system
If your Grid Connect solar system is not working as expected please take the following steps before you call your installer.
- Read and note any fault information on the display of your inverter.
- Check that all breakers and isolators associated with the system are on.
- Check the DC isolator next to the inverter. There may be an AC breaker next to the inverter as well. There will also be an AC breaker in your switchboard or meter box, possibly both.
- There may be a roof top isolator next to the solar array. Ask your installer to check this.
- If there’s a power outage in your area your inverter will turn off. There are exceptions to this rule and you’ll be aware of this if applicable.
- If you have no luck with your system try to be in front of the inverter when you call your installer so that they can guide you through any readings or procedures.
If your Stand Alone power system has shut down please take the following steps before you call your installer.
- Read and note any fault information on the displays of your equipment - inverter, regulator, etc.
- Take a note of the battery bank voltage. If it’s low your inverter may have turned off because of under voltage. Some normal battery bank voltages are 12V, 24V and 48V. If you suspect that this is the case try starting your generator and battery charger or wait till your solar array has a chance to charge the batteries.
- If you’ve been running power hungry appliances your inverter may have turned off by being overloaded. You can usually reset an inverter by following the reset procedure in the manual. Remember to turn off the offending appliances.
- If no displays are present then it’s possible that something major has happened and it might be time to get the candles out - then call your installer.
- If you have no luck getting the power back on try to be in front of the system when you call your installer so that they can guide you through any readings or procedures.
- Don’t forget to carefully look through the shut down and start up procedures in your system manual. There are a few versions of System Manuals for Bunya Solar systems on the Info page.
- If you are completely without power you may still be able to stat your generator and use it’s power - make sure all breakers associated with the generator are switched on.